Lankaweb. Abdul Aziz Press Secretary Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama’t Sri Lanka.
- OBE (Officer of the Excellent Order of the British Empire)
- Alfred Einstein Nobel Medal for Peace
- Man of the Year in Human Rights 2010
- International Peace Prize
- University of Cambridge Ambassador of Knowledge
- Honoured as a Cambridge Blue
- Included amongst the Great Minds of the 21st Century and 500 Greatest Geniuses of the 21st Century.
- Dr Ayaz is the Consul General for the Pacific islands of Tuvalu in the U.K. He is Senator of the World Nations Congress.
- Vice Chancellor World Academy of Letters
- Deputy Governor of the American Biographical Institute
- Deputy Chair of the Pacific Peace Forum and a member of several organisations related to Human Rights, Conflict Resolution and Peace.
Dr Ayaz is an eminent member of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community and currently in Sri Lanka to attend as Chief Guest at the Peace Symposium organized by Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, Sri Lanka.
Dr Iftikhar Ayaz, OBE, has been nominated for the first ever Grassroot Diplomat Initiative Awards.
According to a press release by Grassroot Diplimat, “the award looks to recognize outstanding diplomats and politicians in the UK for their dedication, commitment and selfless efforts in representing civilian matters at the highest level.”
Dr Ayaz – a well known International Human Rights activist – has been Nominated under the Social Driver category.
Dr Ayaz is a vocal advocate for better living conditions, well-being and welfare of refugees and asylum seekers and he is actively engaged with the UN High Commission for Refugees.
“He brings with him grassroots stories from camps in Sri Lanka, Thailand, Cambodia, Nepal and Malta to improve living conditions and protective rights with other civil servants,” the press release further stated. Further