Hezbollah says Syria attack part of U.S. plan

BEIRUT: Hezbollah described Friday’s suicide bombing in Damascus as part of a larger U.S. plan to destabilize the country, while Lebanon’s foreign minister said the explosion was the beginning of further “terrorist operations” beyond Syria’s borders.

In a statement released hours after an explosion ripped through Syria’s capital, Hezbollah said the attack “was the second installment of the evil plan of America and forces under its control in our region to punish Syria for its position beside the resistance against the Zionist enemy.”

“It is evidence of the magnitude of the fierce attack faced by Syria that targets its security and stability,” Hezbollah added.

Syria’s television said a suicide bomber in Maidan district in Damascus killed 25 people Friday and wounded 46 others in the third such attack in Damascus in a month.

On Dec. 23 at least 44 people were killed by two suicide bombings that targeted security buildings in the Syrian capital, according to Syrian officials.

Hezbollah, Syria’s ally in Lebanon, also said that the attack is evidence of the presence of forces who do not want to see reform in Syria or resolve the crisis in that country.

The attack occurred two days before an Arab League committee was set to discuss an initial report by Arab observers monitoring Syria’s compliance with an Arab deal aimed at ending President Bashar Assad’s crackdown on anti-government protesters.

Read more: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Politics/2012/Jan-06/159071-hezbollah-says-syria-attack-part-of-us-plan.ashx#ixzz1ihawWO4r

Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah speaks to the crowd in a rare public appearance during a rally to mark the Muslim holy day of Ashoura, in the Hezbollah stronghold of south Beirut, Lebanon, on Tuesday Dec. 6, 2011. Sheik Hassan Nasrallah has rarely been seen in public since his Shiite Muslim group battled Israel in a monthlong war in 2006, fearing Israeli assassination. Since then, he has communicated with his followers and gives news conference mostly via satellite link Read more: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Politics/2012/Jan-06/159071-hezbollah-says-syria-attack-part-of-us-plan.ashx#ixzz1ihbdTpdW (The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: http://www.dailystar.com.lb)

Note by the editor: We cannot prove who organized this suicide bombing. As per experience it could really be any one: The Syrian Government. The US Government (special forces…). The Israeli Government. The Syrian opposition. Al Qaeda. Who ‘done it’? Who can benefit from this? Your guess is as good as mine, I suppose…

(The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: http://www.dailystar.com.lb)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.