- Many people write to me requesting prayers for their children and for their upbringing. By the grace of God, majority of Ahmadis are worried for their children. This is a blessing of God for us in this age that we are constantly worried about such matters. Allah has laid out many prayers and ways for upbringing of children. It’s true that this is a difficult task, especially in this age. It requires constant hard work and Jihad.
- For example, a person recently wrote to me that there are so many issues regarding children in this age that I have decided to get married, but not have any children. Huzur said that this is depressed and hopeless thinking. Such a person has given all powers to Satan, instead of Allah. Allah has taught us many prayers in the Holy Quran for the upbringing of children. For example, this prayer of Prophet Zachariah (as): My Lord, grant me from Thyself pure offspring; surely, You are the Hearer of prayer.
- Here Allah has taught us the prayer for our children to be pure and righteous. In order for children to be righteous, it is important that both parents themselves are established upon goodness. Your prayer for righteous children will not be accepted without bringing about a pure change in yourself. The Promised Messiah (as) has said that the trial of children is a huge trial. If the child is ill-fated, then even if you leave lots of wealth for him, he would waste it. On the contrary, if that person obeys the commandments of God, he would become satisfied from his children.
- Then the Promised Messiah (as) says that just like you work hard to earn money for your children, it is important for you to pray and work hard for the upbringing of your children. Similarly, God has taught us this prayer in the Holy Quran: Our Lord, grant us of our wives and children the delight of our eyes, and make us a model for the righteous.
- The Promised Messiah (as) has said that here God has called parents Imam for the children meaning they need to become a practical role model for their children. Then the Promised Messiah (as) says that man should think why he desires children? Allah has created us for his worship. If a man does not become a true believer and does not fulfil the right of worship of Allah, then his prayer is only as much as leaving a Khalifa or a successor behind to continue his evil ways.
- Then the Promised Messiah (as) says that man desires children, but once we have children, they are not properly taught religion or moral teachings. The real purpose of upbringing of children should be that they become servants of their faith.
- Huzur-e-Anwar (aba) said that the parents of waqifin-e-Nau should especially pay attention to this. May Allah enable all of us to be righteous role-models for our children and continue to pray for their upbringing. Ameen
The Jumu’ah (Friday) prayer is one form of congregational worship in Islam. It takes place every Friday. Regular attendance at the Jumu’ah prayer is enjoined on the believer. According to a Saying of Muhammadsa this congregational prayer is twenty-five times more blessed than worship performed alone. (Bukhari)
“O ye who believe! When the call is made for Prayer on Friday, hasten to the remembrance of Allah, and leave off all business. That is best for you, if you only knew.” more
“… (He who) offers the Prayers and listens quitely when the Imam stands up for sermon, will have his sins forgiven between that Friday and the next”(Bukhari)