British SAS soldier is responsible for the murder of Princess Diana?-New Probe by British Police

British police probe new Diana murder claim

http://news.ninemsn.com.au: British police are examining new information about the 1997 death of Diana, princess of Wales, reportedly including an allegation that she was murdered by someone in the British military.

Scotland Yard police headquarters said it was checking the credibility of recently received information about the deaths of the princess and her boyfriend Dodi Fayed.

They were killed by a car crash in a Paris underpass in the early hours of August 31, 1997, along with their driver, Henri Paul.

Citing a military source, Britain’s domestic Press Association news agency said it understood the allegation was made by the former parents-in-law of an ex-soldier, based on information he had talked about in the past.

PA and Sky News television said the information had been passed to Scotland Yard by the Royal Military Police.

“The Metropolitan Police Service is scoping information that has recently been received in relation to the deaths and assessing its relevance and credibility,” Scotland Yard said in a statement.

August 18, 2013: UK police are seriously considering allegations that a British SAS soldier is responsible for the murder of Princess Diana.

“The assessment will be carried out by officers from the specialist crime and operations command.

More: 

Categories: Europe, UK

Tagged as:

2 replies

  1. Quoting CNN

    London (CNN) — A newly revealed claim of conspiracy in the death of Princess Diana has royal watchers buzzing once again, nearly 16 years after the woman who would now be a royal grandmother died in a Paris car crash.
    But British police seem to be knocking down the claim — that the British military was involved in the deaths of Diana, her boyfriend and driver in August 1997.
    “This is not a re-investigation,” London police tersely stressed in a statement that revealed none of what it had been told.
    The claim appears to have been sent first to military authorities and then London police by the parents-in-law of a British special forces sniper after his marriage had fallen apart, according to an article on the website of the Sunday People newspaper. It did not offer a source for its reporting.
    Sunday People said it had seen a seven-page handwritten letter by the in-laws alleging that the soldier, whom the newspaper did not name, had boasted to his wife that the elite British Special Air Service commando unit was behind the deaths.
    The U.K.’s Ministry of Defence told CNN only that “this is for Metropolitan Police to investigate.”
    Military authorities have been aware of the claim since the 2011 court-martial of the soldier’s former roommate on weapons charges, Sunday People reported. The unnamed soldier mentioned in the letter was a witness in that case, according to the newspaper.
    Neither the Sunday People piece nor an earlier version carried by Press Association offered details of the claimed involvement by soldiers in the deaths.
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/17/world/europe/england-princess-diana/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.