Indonesian consumers are the 3rd most confident globally: Nielsen

The Jakarta Post |

Nine out of 10 Indonesian consumers are upbeat about their financial situation for next year, making the country the third-most confident country in the world, a survey says.

A Nielsen online survey on the consumer confidence index revealed on Wednesday that 86 percent of Indonesian respondents considered that their financial state would be excellent or good over the next 12 months.

“With our GDP per capita reaching US$3,000, consumers are more confident about their personal situation. Besides personal finances, we see an increase in the proportion of consumers who feel secure about the job market,” managing director of Nielsen in Indonesia Catherine Eddy told a press conference on Wednesday.

“The 86 percent accumulation comprises of 72 percent saying their personal finances are ‘good’ and 14 percent ‘excellent’. With a total of 86 percent satisfaction, Indonesia ranks 1st globally. Read mor

Categories: Asia, Indonesia

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.