- Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846. John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.
- Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860. John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.
- Both were shot in the back of the head in the presence of their wives.
- Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.
- Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
- Lincoln’s secretary was named Kennedy.
- Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.
- Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.
- Lincoln was shot in the Ford Theatre. Kennedy was shot in a Lincoln, made by Ford.
- Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin ran and hid in a warehouse. Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran
and hid in a theater.
- Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.