Kenya has been an al-Shabaab target for years. It seems like that will continue, even with US-backed military efforts to defeat the terrorists.
A bloody, day-long terrorist attack on a hotel complex in Kenya’s capital has ended, leaving at least 14 people dead and others severely injured.
On Tuesday, four militants from al-Shabaab — a Somalia-based terrorist organization with ties to al-Qaeda — struck the luxury DusitD2 hotel in Nairobi in what police described as a coordinated attack. What followed was a 20-hour siege that left 11 Kenyans and several foreigners, including at least one American, dead. Early Wednesday morning, Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta told reporters that “all the terrorists [have been] eliminated” and that 700 people escaped to safety.
The group says it launched the assault in response to President Donald Trump’s declaration last year of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
— TheMuslimTimes (@TheMuslimTimes2) July 17, 2017