‘My Worst Nightmare.’ 8-Year-Old Boy Dies From Flesh-Eating Bacteria After Falling From Bike

Source: Time

An 8-year-old boy died after a fall off his bicycle led him to contract a flesh eating disease.

Doctors said they believe Liam contracted the case of necrotizing fasciitis, from his wound touching dirt when he fell, People Magazine reported. They attempted to control the infection, which ended up stretching from his ankle to his armpit, by removing patches of the infection from his tissue, according to the report.

“The pain was so bad that he was screaming. It’s horrific. It is a horrific torture, that’s what it is. The last things I got to hear from my son was him screaming because it hurt so bad,” the boy’s mother Sara Hebard told People.

Doctors later put Liam on life support and transferred him to another hospital where he later died.

Read more

Categories: Health, The Muslim Times

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.