Mid-flight slumber cut short by exploding headphones

Source: BBC

Australian authorities have warned about the dangers of using battery-powered devices on flights after a woman’s headphones caught fire.

The woman was dozing on a flight from Beijing to Melbourne when she was woken by the sound of an explosion while she listened to music.

She tore the headphones off to find them sparking, catching fire and beginning to melt.

The passenger was left with a blackened face and blisters on her hands.

“I just grabbed my face which caused the headphones to go around my neck. I continued to feel burning so I grabbed them off and threw them on the floor,” the woman, who has not been named, told the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB).

More:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s