(CNN) The Michigan State Board of Canvassers voted Monday to certify the state’s election results, formally granting President-elect Joe Biden the state’s 16 electoral votes.The certification all but erases President Donald Trump’s pathway to try to overturn the election results through legal challenges that have been dismissed in key states.BIDEN TRANSITION
- Biden poised to nominate Antony Blinken as secretary of state
- Biden’s margin of victory widens as Trump’s subversion efforts grow more frantic
- Scranton, Pennsylvania, honors famous ‘scrappy kid’ turned President-elect
- Here’s where things stand as vote certification looms in key states
- MAP: Full election results
One of the two Republican members of the Michigan state canvassing board, Aaron Van Langevelde, joined the two Democrats to vote to certify the election results, after it was unclear how he would vote prior to the meeting.The question of certifying Michigan’s election results moved center stage amid the Trump campaign’s dubious claims of voter fraud and efforts in court to delay certification and overturn the results in several key states that voted for Biden.