The Queen has expressed her condolences to the people of New Zealand following the attacks on mosques in Christchurch.
The monarch sent a message to the governor general, saying she was “saddened by the appalling events in Christchurch today. Prince Philip and I send our condolences to the families and friends of those who have lost their lives.”
The monarch paid tribute to the emergency services and volunteers offering support to the wounded.
She says “at this tragic time, my thoughts and prayers are with all New Zealanders.”
* Christchurch shootings: The death toll rises
* Christchurch mosque ‘terrorist’ shootings: What you need to know
* In pictures: Gunmen attack Christchurch mosques
* Video captures moment police arrested shooting suspect
* New Zealand Givealittle page raises more than $200k for victims of Christchurch terror attack
* PM Jacinda Ardern asks public to not share video or manifesto from Christchurch shootings suspect\
She signed the message ‘Elizabeth R”.