Oxfam chief, at Davos forum, decries inequality

Author: Orville Davis ; Last update: 21 January , 2016 1

Police patrol outside the 46th annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. This is his fifth consecutive year to attend the forum. Following the theme “Mastering the Fourth Industrial Revolution”, the forum this year runs from January 20-23. Attorney General Paxton Releases Statement Regarding Supreme Court Review of Immigration Case Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid said Obama’s executive action relied on well-established constitutional authority. A local organization wants them to have the right to stay with their families, many of whom have become USA citizens. The Taoiseach is expected to mingle with executives from tech giants Google, Microsoft and Facebook. The annual World Economic Forum in the Swiss ski resort of Davos is about global diplomacy. “Twenty years ago we described this problem as an addiction, today we possess the means to end this reliance”, he said. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, left, and US Vice-President Joe Biden pose for the media prior to a meeting on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, Thursday, Jan. 21, 2016. From Appalachians to Philly, people get ready for heavy snow While the snow fell, some people made their way to the grocery store to stock up on needed items. “It’s for my momma”, he said. The mid-Atlantic region between Washington , D.C., and Philadelphia will get the worst of it, says Niziol. In the run-up to the Davos meeting, Oxfam Great Britain released its “pre-Davos report” on global economic disparity saying 1 percent of the world’s people own more than the remaining 99 percent of the earth’s inhabitants. Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif Thursday said Pakistan’s economy was on the right trajectory and the government’s solid policies would boost the country’s economic conditions. At a panel in Davos, Switzerland, Ray Dalio, the chairman of Bridgewater Associates, said the biggest concern was China’s currency. Harney County Sheriff Calls Militants ‘Armed And Unlawful’ Several people at the meeting spoke directly to Ammon Bundy , who showed up with his brother Ryan and other occupiers. One thanked him for raising awareness around issues of public lands, but told him it’s time to go home to his family. “Last month in Paris, world leaders reached an historic agreement that provides a concrete framework to reduce carbon emissions”, he said. The world’s political and business elite gather his week in Davos. Stating that not many in the audience would be happy to hear that, Biden said countries other than the USA need to adopt more progressive tax codes – an apparent reference to the alleged tax evasion through Swiss banks and various tax-haven jurisdictions. And U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, fresh from talks with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, is joining Davos with a full schedule. Uncertainty over the slowdown in China, the plunge in energy costs and the potential disruption of new technologies dominated discussion at the 45-year-old annual gathering, which tries to bring together leaders from every field and has become a key networking event.

The Comment http://bsccomment.com/2016/01/21/oxfam-chief-at-davos-forum-decries-inequality.html

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.