Adelaide archbishop Philip Wilson denies he was told of abuse

Source: The Guardian

By Australian Associated Press

1

Adelaide Archbishop Philip Wilson has declared under oath that two former altar boys never told him they had been sexually abused by a fellow priest.

Wilson, who has been diagnosed with the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease, gave evidence in his defence in Newcastle local court after magistrate Robert Stone rejected the clergyman’s bid to have the case thrown out.

The 67-year-old is the most senior Catholic official in the world to be charged with concealing child sexual abuse.

Wilson told the court on Wednesday he had known one of the former altar boys, Peter Creigh, and his family when he was an assistant priest in the NSW Hunter region in the mid-1970s.

Read more

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.