ive men stood on Mill Avenue in Tempe on Saturday afternoon holding signs reading, “I’m a Muslim. Ask me anything.”
The public responded with hugs, high-fives, car-horn honks and a few questions.
On Mill Avenue, the group handed out pamphlets explaining “True Islam” in an attempt to change some misconceptions. The pamphlet stated, “True Islam is a religion that…”
- Rejects all forms of terrorism.
- Believes in the equality, education and empowerment of women.
- Advocates for freedom of speech.
- Advocates for separation of mosque and state.
- Believes in loyalty to your country of residence.
- Recognizes “no religion can monopolize salvation.”
An encouraging reception
The men said they were encouraged by the public’s response.
Haque said he and
The men, members of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association, were part of a nationwide effort Saturday for Muslims to introduce themselves to their communities and to individuals who may have never met someone of the Islamic faith…. read more at source.