Ahmadi Muslims hold the unique belief that Jesus (peace be upon him) survived the crucifixion and travelled towards India to continue his ministry among the Lost Tribes of Israel. Furthermore, they claim that his tomb, containing his body, has been recently re-discovered in India where it can be seen to this day. Ahmadi Muslims also assert that this belief is not only upheld by the Holy Quran and the Sayings of Muhammad (sa), but even by the Holy Bible itself.
Life before Crucifixion
Ahmadi Muslims believe that Jesus (as) was a Prophet of God born to the Virgin Mary and was the Messiah of the Israelites as foretold by Moses (as).
- Virgin Birth: The miracle of his birth is affirmed by The Holy Quran. more
- Son of God: Jesus used this metaphor for all believers, not just himself. more
- His Miracles: A sign of his truth, like the many other prophets of God. more
- His Mission: Confined to the twelve tribes of Israel, not the whole world. more
Survival from Crucifixion
Ahmadi Muslims claim that Jesus (as) survived the crucifixion because he was taken down from the cross in a state of unconsciousness — not death.
- Sign of Jonah: Jesus foretold he would survive just like Jonah did. more
- Blood and Water: Gushed from the spear wound, a sign of a beating heart. more
- Prayer at Gethsemane: He prayed to be rescued from death on the cross. more
- Short Duration: Death on the cross is meant to take days, not hours. more
- Pilate’s Plot: Having sympathy for Jesus, he planned to save him. more
- Healing Herbs: Used for healing the living — not embalming the dead. more
- Unbroken Legs: This would have prevented death by respiratory distress. more
- His Denial: Of being an apparition, baring his wounds he called for food. more
Life after Crucifixion
After his survival, Jesus (as) travelled as far as Kashmir, India and preached to the Lost Tribes of Israel. His tomb can be found there to this day.
- Lost Tribes Found: He went towards India in search of the lost tribes. more
- Tomb of Jesus: Recently discovered and preserved in Kashmir, India. more
- Ancient Texts: Buddhist and Hindu texts confirm his travels to the region. more
- His Ultimate Victory: Saved from the cross, he completed his mission. more