More Muslims have been killed in targeted hate-attacks in Canada than any other G-7 country in the past 5 years because of Islamophobia.
This fact was in the air outside the London Muslim Mosque on June 8 of this year, when thousands of Londoners gathered in the aftermath of the terror attack that took the lives of four members of the Canadian Muslim community in an unthinkable act of Islamophobic violence.
The thousands that gathered that day were there to show their solidarity, pray, and stand with members of their community, as representatives of the London Muslim Mosque called for more than words from the politicians in attendance.
The reality is that Muslims in Canada have been here too many times.
- The Quebec City Mosque Attack.
- The killing of Mohamed-Aslim Zafis at the IMO mosque in Toronto.
- Violent attacks on racialized women wearing hijabs.
- Hateful rallies in front of mosques.
- The targeting of our communities by governments across Canada.
The list goes on
Read Full Recommendations