Wars and principles and regulations
When the Holy Prophet(sa) engaged in a battle, he used to firmly order that:
- No woman be killed;
- No children be killed;
- The old not be impeded;
- Nothing be said to the refugees, monks or hermits;
- No person be set on fire;
- No animal be killed;
- No tree be cut down;
- Unlike your enemy, no person’s nose or ear be cut off.
- Then having been victorious, he used to proclaim:
- No injured be killed;
- Do not pursue unnecessarily anyone who escapes
From the Booklet: Islam – a peaceful Religion by Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad, Khalifatul Masih V.