Qasim Rashid is a Pakistani-born American author, human rights activist, politician, and attorney. He previously served as the national spokesperson for the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community USA. He is the author of several books including The Wrong Kind of Muslim and Talk To Me.
With 90% of the vote counted the incumbent Robert Wittman has 59% of the votes according to NY Times.
We wish Qasim Rashid all the best wishes for the next time. Keep it up …
Suggested Reading by Zia H Shah MD, Chief Editor of the Muslim Times for interfaith tolerance:
Article 10 of European Convention on human rights provides the right to freedom of expression, subject to certain restrictions that are “in accordance with law” and “necessary in a democratic society.” This right includes the freedom to hold opinions, and to receive and impart information and ideas, but allows restrictions for:
- interests of national security
- territorial integrity or public safety
- prevention of disorder or crime
- protection of health or morals
- protection of the reputation or the rights of others
- preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence
- maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary