Suggested Reading by Zia H Shah MD, Chief Editor of the Muslim Times:
The Muslim Times’ Collection on Islam’s Condemnation of Terrorism
Video: Angela Merkel lays the limits of free speech and defines hate speech
Russia will not allow anti-Islam publications, Peskov says
Article 10 of European Convention on human rights provides the right to freedom of expression, subject to certain restrictions that are “in accordance with law” and “necessary in a democratic society.” This right includes the freedom to hold opinions, and to receive and impart information and ideas, but allows restrictions for:
- interests of national security
- territorial integrity or public safety
- prevention of disorder or crime
- protection of health or morals
- protection of the reputation or the rights of others
- preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence
- maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary
Should President Macron Take PM Justin Trudeau, PM Jacinda Ardern and Me As Religious Coexistence Advisers?
Unspeakable acts of barbarism should not be an excuse for Emmanuel Macron to demonise Muslims
Do Religions Inspire Charity or Divisions and Mutual Rivalry: Hitchens Versus Tony Blair?
In the Face of the Cartoon Row: Collection of Articles: Freedom of Speech — A Core Islamic Value!
I am a Jew, a Catholic, a Christian and a Muslim; I am Zia H Shah
Categories: Counter Terrorism, Free Speech, hate speech, The Muslim Times
Leave a Reply