Friday Sermon: Worship, Sadaqat and Istighfar
This video is available in the below languages, click to watch:
- After reciting Tashahud, Ta’wuz and Surah Fatiha Huzur (May Allah be his helper!) said: Today we see great unrest in the world and Muslims are largely held responsible. It is true that some Muslim organizations are responsible;however it’s also true that this is being done with an organized plan.
- Though the world recognizes Ahmadis as peaceful, but we also become a target in these conditions. We are seeing examples of this in Germany, Holland and America. And Ahmadis also face opposition in Muslim countries due to accepting the Promised Messiah (as). It is common in Pakistan, but now innocent Ahmadis are also being jailed in Algeria.
- What should we do in such conditions? To attract the mercy of Allah, we should turn to worship, sadaqat and Istighfaar.
- It is commonly seen that people don’t pay attention to these due to worldly engagements. Allah says in the Holy Quran: Know they not that Allah is He who accepts repentance from His servants and takes alms, and that Allah is He who is Oft-Returning with compassion, and is Merciful? (9: 104)
- The Promised Messiah (as) says that Sadqa comes from the word Sidq which means truthfulness represents a relationship of truthfulness with Allah and prayer creates extreme sorrow and distress in heart. So when we pray or do charity and seeking forgiveness, our full attention should be towards Allah.
- The Holy Prophet (sa) said in a Hadith-e-Qudsi that Allah says that when my servant takes one step towards me, I take two steps towards him. And when he walks towards me, I run towards him. So, we should have firm faith that Allah accepts our prayers and our Sadqa and charity and thus removes our difficulties and afflictions.
- The Promised Messiah (as) says that the source of sin is attached with each human. Istighfaar has two meanings; first, that we ask Allah to keep us safe from the evil effects of our sins. Secondly, we seek power from Him so that we do not commit any sins in future and do not act upon these forces of sin within us.
- Huzur (aba) said that we are merely seeing small punishments and afflictions in these days, but seeing what is happening around the world, it is the duty of our Jama’at to pray for ourselves as well as the entire world.
- The Holy Prophet (sa) said that doing good deeds and staying away from evil deeds is also Sadqa. He also said that save your selves from fire, even with half a date in Sadqa. A person who truly repents from his sins is like someone who hasn’t sinned, so repent from your sins and fear Allah.
- May Allah keep us in His protection and may we understand the reality of Prayer, Sadqa, Istighfar and Taubah
- Huzur (aba) also led the funeral prayer of a Nau Mubai Arab lady respected Saada Bartavi Sahiba who passed away on January 10, 2017 in Damascus
The Jumu’ah (Friday) prayer is one form of congregational worship in Islam. It takes place every Friday. Regular attendance at the Jumu’ah prayer is enjoined on the believer. According to a Saying of Muhammadsa this congregational prayer is twenty-five times more blessed than worship performed alone. (Bukhari)