Sermon Delivered by Hazrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad at Head of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community.
- After reciting THANA, TAWUZ and Surah Fatiha Hazoor-e-Anwar(aba) Said: According to the Gregorian Calender, the New Year will insha’Allah start after two days. Worldly people pass these days in worldly pleasures, thus ending the previous year and starting the New Year in vein and useless activities. The reason is that they have lost their spiritual senses. The true believers stay away from such actions.
- The Promised Messiah(as) has presented the essence of Islam for us and has given us the conditions of Bai’at as our guideline. So if we start this New Year by evaluating ourselves and with prayers, only then we will be able to improve our hereafter. If the weaknesses still prevail and the self-evaluation does not give us peace then we should pray to Allah that the coming year may not be the one that would show us a reduction in spiritual enhancement. Our everyday should be reflective of the good model of the Holy Prophet(saw). Our days and nights should be spent in a way that help us fulfill our pledge to the Promised Messiah(as).
- We can evaluate ourselves by asking the question that did we try to stay away from Shirk in this year. The Promised Messiah (as) has said that oneness of God doesn’t mean that you just say La Ilaha with your mouth but have thousands of idols in your heart. It is shirk to give the status of God to any other thing in your life.The question is that did we stay away from falsehood in this year? Did we keep ourselves away from all sources of indecent thoughts? These days there are many such vile programs on TV and internet which is also a form of Zina. Do we keep ourselves away from trespasses of eyes?
- The question is that did we keep ourselves away from all quarrels with other believers? Did we stay away from all Zulm or oppression meaning devouring other’s wealth unlawfully? Did we stay away from becoming a source of any disorder for anyone? It is also fasad or disorder to misguide a person who follows his faith and Nizam-e-Jama’at faithfully. Do we offer prayers and Namaz-e-Tahajjud as instructed by Allah and the Holy Prophet(saw). The Holy Prophet(saw) has said that leaving prayer takes one close to Shirk and Kufr.
- Did we do istighfaar regularly during this year? The Holy Prophet(saw) has said that whoever does istighfaar regularly, Allah takes away all of his difficulties. Did we maintain a relationship of love and affection with Allah in this year and did we try our best to follow the Holy Quran and the commandments of the Holy Prophet(saw)? Did we fulfill this promise that we will give precedence to our faith over all worldly matters and will obey the Promised Messiah(as) in all matters? Did we keep a relationship with Hazrat Khalifatul-Masih(aba) in this year and advise our families in this regard?
- If the answer is yes to many of these questions, then we have gained a lot in this year despite our weaknesses. If the answer is no, then we should be worried about ourselves and enter the New Year with prayers that may Allah remove our weaknesses. May Allah enable us to live our lives according to the wishes of the Promised Messiah(as), may Allah hide our weaknesses, may Allah show us the victories destined for this Jama’at in our lives and may Allah destroy the evil plans of our enemies and keep all Ahmadis safe worldwide, especially in Pakistan and Algeria.
For English please check out on http://www.mta.tv